You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
At a Glance
- 20,000 bonus points†† (approximately $165 in cash back value) after you make $2,000 or more in eligible purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening and 10,000 bonus points†† (approximately $80 in cash back value) once enrolled for paperless e-statements within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 5 points‡ for every $1 spent on eligible restaurant, grocery, digital media, membership, and household utility purchases until $50,000 is spent annually in the applicable category. 1 point‡ for every $1 on all other eligible purchases.
- Each year, you will receive Birthday Bonus Points‡ equal to 10% of the total number of Points the Account earned in the 12 months before the month of the primary cardholder's birthday, to a maximum Birthday Bonus each year of 15,000 Points.
- Flexible rewards: Redeem points‡ for cash back, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from participating retailers, charitable donations, and travel.
- Your MBNA Rewards Points never expire as long as your account is open and in good standing.
- The MBNA Payment Plan can make it more convenient to pay for large purchases and manage your budget. Pay for eligible credit card purchases of $100 or over by making monthly payments. Choose from three Payment Plan terms: 6, 12 or 18 months. Conditions and fees apply.
The MBNA Rewards Program provides you the flexibility to earn, save and redeem points for items you want, when you want.
- Shop online with the MBNA Rewards Catalogue
Through the MBNA Rewards Catalogue, you can redeem your points for travel, gift cards and brand-name merchandise.
- Apply points towards your MBNA Rewards credit card balance
Redeem points towards a Statement Credit and apply it directly to your credit card balance. You also have the option to redeem for cash by cheque, a deposit to a chequing or savings account, or towards a donation to a participating charitable organization you select.
- Redemption values
The redemption value for travel is 100 points per $1, while cash and charity donations are 120 points per $1. Merchandise and gift card point values are disclosed in the Rewards Catalogue.
- Emergency Services
Certain services are available in case of emergency. Services include Emergency Card Replacement on a 7-10 day delivery or by courier.
- Trip Assistance and Legal AssistanceF
Features include support for Emergency Cash Transfer, Lost Document and Ticket Replacement, Lost Baggage Assistance, Pre-trip Information and Legal Assistance while travelling.
- More Coverage and Support
Cash Advances at banks and ATMs internationally. Conditions and fees apply.
- Rental Vehicle Benefits
Includes Collision Damage Waiver BenefitsB providing coverage for up to 31 consecutive days for eligible auto rental damage.
Get more free time for the things you really want to do. Concierge service can book air and land travel, including hotels; make dinner reservations at trendy restaurants; obtain seats to the hottest concerts or shows; and more. Any costs incurred in connection with these services are charged to your MBNA Rewards World Elite credit card.
- Travel Medical InsuranceC
Up to $2 million of coverage for the first 21 days of your trip. Available for an insured person under 65 years of age.
- Delayed and Lost Baggage InsuranceD
Up to $1,000 in coverage per insured person per trip toward the purchase of essentials such as clothes and toiletries if your baggage is delayed for over 4 hours or lost.
- Flight/Trip Delay InsuranceE
Up to $500 in coverage per insured person if your flight/trip is delayed for over 4 hours.
- Mobile Device Insurance***
With Mobile Device Insurance, you’ve got up to $1,000 in coverage for eligible mobile devices in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown.
- Price Protection Service*****
If you purchase an eligible item with your card and find the same product advertised in Canada at a lower price within 60 days of the purchase, the difference will be refunded subject to a maximum of $500 per item and a calendar year maximum of $1,000 per account. Certain conditions and exclusions apply.
- Save with Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car
Use your MBNA credit card to save a minimum of 10% off the base rates1, 2 in Canada and the U.S., and a minimum of 5% off the base rates1, 2 internationally, on qualifying car rentals at participating Avis and Budget locations.
Avis: You can reserve your Avis car rental by visiting www.avis.ca/mbna. Quote Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) #C078405 at the time of reservation and charge the full rental to your MBNA credit card.
Budget: You can reserve your Budget car rental by visiting www.budget.ca/mbna. Quote Budget Customer Discount (BCD) #A331704 at the time of reservation and charge the full rental to your MBNA credit card.
Compare up to 3 cards